Sunday, October 24, 2010

Finished drawing and my steamrolled print

I think of this as a drawing but it certainly skirts the line between a drawing and a painting. It seems painted because I used wet media exclusively, but doing it on paper in black and white makes it look like a drawing. Maybe it has more to do with using color or not, rather than based on wet or dry media, because people tend to "paint" with pastels. In the end it doesn't really matter to me what I call it, but I do plan on cropping it somehow and mounting it on a wood panel.

And here is one of the prints made on September 12th using a steamroller, printed on canvas 50" x 48" hanging up on my studio wall. A tentative title is The First Seven.

1 comment:

The fearless threader said...

These are really quite magnificent. I love how you use geometry and maths to produce such fantastic and unique works.