Monday, November 8, 2010

Two more drawings just finished

This is the fourth ink painting (or drawing) I've made by dropping pure ink into wetted triangles and having the overall form look like clustered cells. This time I made the ink droplets around the same size, to help make a gradual value change from a distance. I also used slightly gray water for the triangles to ensure that the overlapping edges would show up as light gray lines. You can see these in the second image:
For this second drawing, I made a preliminary layout to space the placement of my starting points or "seeds". The spacing is based on the porportions of the paper, and dividing areas in half.

I hardly ever make layout guides, but for this drawing I wanted things to start out regular and end up more irregular by way of compounding small scale inconsistencies. The drawing isn't quite done, but looks close enough to done for a blog post. The edges will get denser with a couple hours more work.

No comments: