Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New drawings based on the square, instead of the triangle

Last Wednesday I participated in Draw Your Face Off #2 at Space Gallery. I sat at a table, drew whatever came to mind for three hours. Each time I finished a drawing I walked up and clipped it to the wall, and then people could just take it off the wall and buy it for 20 dollars. I did this again on Friday the same week because I had a lot of fun the first time. I made 11 drawings total and at least 8 have sold so far and I have no record of any of them.
These drawings here on this blog post were made just after DYFO2. I feel like the live drawing event pushed me into new territory. Not very far forward, maybe even a step back into 8 bit video game land, or into two bit land, a world of black and white, (or one thing and another thing.) I've been using black and white for a while but now it's really real.

...even if brown is the new white.
I have no idea where this is going but it's definitely going.

No comments: