Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy. Sad.

Opening night at Four Walls was amazing. For the first time, I showed my drawings to droves of a discriminating, responsive public. My friends and family came. Artists I spammed came. I sold a drawing, and many people wanted to know the details of my process and inspiration. Meanwhile, I was wondering where Kate was. She was taking Henry, our kitty, to the vet because she had lost weight over the past couple of weeks, and had been to the vet a week ago and sent home. They said she was fine, and they didn't know why she was so skinny, because they said they could tell she was eating. That week home she deteriorated. She became very lethargic and at times spacey, staring off into the distance. We waited too long. Kate had to put her to sleep during my opening, and I didn't know until I got home.

No comments: