Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Drawing

This is yet another approach to explore these patterns and forms I keep coming back to. Now there's less emphasis on the triangles, and I'm giving the inky centers more presence. This looks like a messier negative of pen and ink drawings I did several years ago:


There's something so satisfying about dropping ink onto wet areas of paper, watching it spread like a little contained storm. What happens within the triangles is literally contained chaos. I set it up and let it go. The whole result looks 3 dimensional to me, like a faceted paper sculpture with holes in it.


1 comment:

Debbie Caldwell said...

Yes. Absolutely. It looks multidementional to me, too, and I thought that immediately, before I read your comment. It really is wonderful. Very wonderful.