Sunday, September 5, 2010

Studio progress

Here's an image of a corner of my new studio. This is where I plaster every inch of wall space with unframed finished drawings above and things not yet finished below (so I can reach them and modify them). A ten foot ceiling is a great luxury I'm not used to and I want to take advantage of it. At the bottom is my block in progress for the Block Party on September 11th. Looking at the block this way, rolled with india ink to actually see how it will look printed, I may want to preserve the look of the rolled edges messy and varying in value. It looks like a gravestone rubbing, which is exactly how my similar looking graphite drawings in the Division and Vergence series' were made- by impressing the paper with a hard pencil, then rubbing over that with softer graphite.

No comments: