Friday, July 20, 2007

Sadness and Queen Anne's Lace

I irreversibly messed up my drawing. I noticed the ink was coming out of the pen more than it usually does, and it left wet puddles that I didn't expect. I smudged a little part and I panicked, wetting it with my spit, then tried to soak up the spitty ink with my t-shirt. It was working. Then I used a pink pearl eraser to get the faint grey areas off, then I wiped the pink eraser bits off the paper and that's when it happened. It was still wet and it smudged like crazy. I was sad and angry and then I pretended not to care. I should probably have a plan of action for mistakes, but I don't. I just plan to not make any, a method that is surprisingly successful except when its not, and then I cry.
I'm looking at plants in more detail than I used to. I checked out a plant biology textbook from the library so I can get my learn on. I'm mostly interested in the arrangement of plants' molecular and organ structures, which have informed my work forever, I think. I can also dissect them without remorse or disgust, and they stay still so I can take photos.

No comments: